Sunday, July 28, 2013

Time to Harvest

Well potatoes and onions were ready to pick which means we must now work our buns off to get everything canned/frozen.

 
This year I tried something new with the onions.  Beside frozen and just letting them dry, I pickled them.  Which I really like on sandwiches.  Also made onion soup.
 

 
One of my creative was putting them in a braid.
 
 

The canned potatoes are great!  They are just like fresh when eaten from the jar.
 





What to do with eggplant?  I decided to pickle and it wasn't bad.


Then there was the green beans.  Our family likes them so much, wasn't much to do but eat them.


And then there was the sauerkraut from the cabbage.  As bad as letting the cabbage sit in a salt bath on the counter for a month sounds, it doesn't taste bad.




No comments: